What's a Uses Page?
A /uses page lists a developer's setup, gear, software, and configs (what they use). This is inspired and listed on Wes Bos "uses.tech". Note that this is an totally incomplete opinionated list, not a source of truth – your mileage may vary heayily.
Editor & Terminal
- VS code as a primary Editor and switching back and forth to
- Webstorm (mostly for the neat git implementation), both with @WesBos awesome Cobalt2 theme
- iTerm2 with zsh for a Terminal and OhMyZshell installed (git status Prompt ftw), also Cobalt2 themed
- Sketch for UI/UX design and prototyping
- Affinity Photo and Designer for all other design related work
- Zeplin for handoff / presentation but starting to switch to sketch's new cloud features (which are free)
- Firefox became my main browser as of late, but switch to Chrome every so often the Developer Tools (mostly lighthouse Audits). I use brave for most non-dev related stuff a lot recently
- sourcetree for heavier git issues
- Github Desktop
- I'd be lost without Dropbox to keep everything in sync and backed up
- Carbon Copy Clone for my Off-site Backups, Apple's Time-machine, and Dropbox for syncing
- I use Notion heavily for Projekt Management and note taking
- Moco, a swiss CRM and Accounting tool is our favourite at the moment
- 27" iMac as my main working horse
- 20" Cinema Display as a second screen
- 13" MacBook Air for when on the road
- I still hold dear my iPad mini 4
- and I am still incredibly satisfied with my vintage iPhone 7
- I use an Ikea IDÅSEN height adjusable Desk (standing desk), with a custom table-top though. It comes with a 10 years (!) warranty.
- I switch between a Vitra Meda Pro and a Vitra Nelson Perch stool, depending of the height of the desk.